Sunday 22 February 2009

Radar Love

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to San Francisco. Our hotel was two blocks from Union Square and one block up from China Town. While strolling through the shops we found a Chinese hat with a fake queue down the back. We immediately thought it would be fun to purchase this, pose my husband in the hat, tweak the photo, and then give it to his dad as a joke.

The reason was that his dad always teases him with the idea that he has a half brother from his dad's stint in the Navy and the reference to having gone to Japan. How does a Chinese hat fit the idea of a Japanese half-brother? It doesn't very well, but, we do happen to live in Sedro Woolley, Washington so I think we're covered. Here's the final product. His dad enjoyed the photo so much that he said he was going to hang it on the wall with his Navy pictures... Now that's love.






















In keeping with the above title and as an ode to my '87 poop-drop brown Celica, here is a salute to the summer of '90, cruising Riverside Drive/College Way, Golden Earring on cassette, and SpongeBob for my boys.

1 comment:

  1. That's my boy!!!!!!!!!! Call me, we do runch.
    Radarman

    ReplyDelete