Sunday 3 May 2009

Don't Tell Me I Can't...

There are people in this world who are simply amazing. I do not happen to be one of them and so I am very impressed when I come across them. With my older son playing on the high school golf team this year, we have spent A LOT of time up at the golf course and there is one person that everyone knows because he is up there a lot as well. What makes this gentleman special in the area of golf is that he is working with a true disadvantage in this traditionally two-armed sport. Yep, the guy's got one arm. He adjusts and is actually a really good golfer. What a blessing to find something that you enjoy and not allowing your physical limitations stop you from participating in life. This is a lesson I will take with me and try to apply to my life more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment